I respect privacy and confidentiality at all times. In my efforts to ensure secure and private keeping of your personal health information, files are stored behind three locked doors. I will not disclose your personal information to any third party (e.g., school) without your written and informed consent. Please note that there are limits to confidentiality that place legal obligation to release personal information. The five limits of confidentiality include:
- If I believe that you are an imminent danger to yourself or to someone else.
- If I learn that another registered health provider has sexually or physically abused you.
- If I suspect, or am told, that there is an imminent danger to you or your family.
- If the contents of your psychology file are subpoenaed by a court of law.
- If the College of Psychologists of Ontario requests access to your file for the purposes of assuring quality of care.
The fees charged follow guidelines set by the Ontario Psychological Association. Please inquire about the fees for specific assessment, treatment, and consultation services. Psychology services are covered by most extended health and insurance plans. The client is billed for the psychological services and is provided with a receipt. Receipts are submitted to the insurer for either full or partial reimbursement. Non-reimbursed fees paid to a psychologist may be claimed as medical expenses on your income tax return. Please check your insurance plan to determine your eligibility and coverage. A sliding scale may be available based on financial need.